peace is of me

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Notes from Thandie Newton:

Embracing Otherness & Oneness:

*** In this 14 minute lecture, Thandie Newton discusses important points on projections and how they affect our personality. She explains how people give so much power to individualism and the things that make us different- that we begin to lose the sense of connectedness to nature and others. Newton challenges us to divide projections and ego from our true self, while offering a refreshing perspective on awareness and enlightenment. 



Notes:
  • ".. I always wondered why I feel pain so deeply and always recognized the somebody in the nobody- it's because I didn't have a 'self' to get in the way. I thought I lacked substance and the fact that I could feel other's meant that I had nothing of myself to feel. The thing that was a source of shame was actually a source of enlightment." '
  • "The self's struggle for authenticity and definition will never end, unless it's connected to its' creator." 

No comments:

Post a Comment